In many games i have ran into the problem of one player trying to dominate the group in every aspect. He’s as good a fighter as the fighter, he knows as much about religion as the priest & he’s a better sneak then the assassin. Not only is this rude it’s disruptive. For that reason in my games i use the concept of each players character being a Paragon in some aspect. What this functionally means is.
- Choose 2 ability’s/skills, i suggest non combat with the exception of martial arts and war
- These 2 ability you will have “group leader priority” over, meaning that no one in the group can have a rating equal to yours in that ability
- They are also not allowed to have more charms in a tree then you do in that ability
- You MUST continue to advance in that ability, threw rp, resource investment, charms & so on
- If you do not continue you will LOSE THE RIGHT to your Paragon aspect. After several sessions if i’m feeling very generous i might let you pick another.
Remember that the INTENT of this rule is not to force you to specialize, it is to stop players from grandstanding one another and power gaming. So while there are rules for having to continue to advance, i wont put a limit (like 20% of xp) on it, but it is just a matter of rp. If you seem to no longer care about that aspect of your character, then other people will be allowed to make it a core aspect to their own.
Background Story & Pro log
Some people have a desire to do a pro log. I personally don’t care but i will be willing to do one with you if you really want to sometime next week, just bring it up with me as early as you can and i will try to find time. Friday is not acceptable and for the most part neither is wensday unless it is a very short session.
For the pro log it will be a short rp session, 1 or 2 hours, dealing with the situation in witch you exalted.
You can instead (or also) give me a background story. It needs to be somewhat in depth, a contained story, not a few ideas. A good goal is about 5 paragraphs. It should show an important thing about your history such as an event, or it could just be a general background layout.
The reward for doing one of these is 3xp (you can NOT spend it before we start the game). You can do both but there is no further xp reward. I highly encourage making background information regardless of reward however :p as we are here to rp, not add numbers to an abstract value.